Error 0x800F0923 blocks Windows 10 updates [FIX]
If you have tried to install the latest Windows 10 update or upgrade to Windows 10, but you can not complete the update process, the error 0x800F0923, this post can help you.
0x800F0923 error is one of the most frequent errors in Windows 10 updates. This occurs when one driver or application is not compatible with the update that the user is trying to install.
Often, the perpetrators are graphics drivers, hardware drivers, or outdated security software programs or old.
Update your drivers
Update drivers manually
- Open the Win + X menu when pressing the Windows Key + X.
- Now select Device Manager from the list.
- Expand the category to find your device name> right click it> choose Update Driver.
- For the graphics card, expand the Display adapters category> right click your graphics card> choose Update Driver.
- Choose Search automatically for new, updated drivers.
If Windows does not find the updated driver, look for one in the device manufacturer’s Web site and follow their instructions.
Some users reported that their drivers cause 0x800F0923 error. Sometimes outdated drivers can prevent you from installing the new update, but you can fix the problem by updating the drivers manually.
Automatic driver updates
Stay aware that permanent damage can be caused to your PC to install the wrong driver version. Thus, we advise you to download DriverFix (100% safe and tested by us) to do this automatically.
This tool is simple to use, and in addition to launching it, choose what to fix, and then restart your PC, there is nothing for you to do because it is automated.
- You can set it to process continuously in the background, which is available in the System Tray.
- This makes it possible to regularly scan the Internet for a newer driver and apply them as well.