If you’re also prompted with an explorer error when trying to shut down the computer, if yes, then this guide is for you. This guide is equipped with step by step methods to fix the explorer.exe error on Windows 10.
How to fix the explorer.exe error on Windows 10?
Changing the size of virtual memory:
- Click on the start menu and select File Explorer.
- Now right-click on This PC and then click on Properties, choose Advanced System Settings.
- On the Advanced tab, click on settings under the performance section.
- Now look for the Virtual Memory section and click on the Change button.
- Deselect the option Automatically manage paging file size for all drives
- Now select a custom size option.
- Next, enter the maximum size in MB.
- Click Set and press Ok to save changes
Perform an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Update your Windows:
- Fist click Select Start
- Then click Settings
- Now select Update & Security
- Click on Windows Update, check if any updates are available, and update if there are any present
If this article was helpful to you, then leave your feedback in the comments below.