FIX: 0x800f0805 Windows update error
After several years of attendance, Windows 10 OS took over the PC market. However, some problems reappeared in 2015 and still annoy users.
The most common mistake with various updated reports an error. They come in a different identification code and can be quite tough.
Mistakes we respond today goes by the code “0x800f0805”, so if you are exposed to, be sure to check our solutions listed below.
How to fix “0x800f0805” Update error in Windows 10
1: Run Update troubleshooter
Windows 10 is known for dozens of the update error. We can safely claim that everything associated with a required update is a major drawback for many users.
However, many errors are easily handled within a few minutes. There is a dedicated problem solver for Windows update, and you should try it.
Follow these steps to run the update problem:
- Press the Windows key + I to summon the Settings application.
- Select Update & Security.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left panel.
- Expand Windows Update Problems and click “Run troubleshooter ‘.
If this approach fails, continue with the steps below.
2: Use the SFC and DISM to scan errors
If standard troubleshooting tools fail, we need to switch to more advanced steps. Although the system of corruption is not exactly common, it can occur from time to time.
In this case, if the update was initially unsuccessful, the installation files may be unusable. But, they can also, as the case has been demonstrated, blocking further updates. And when the SFC and DISM come into play.
They are similar tools, and both deal with file system corruption. They look for errors and fix them accordingly. The best results come when you run DISM immediately after the SFC.
Here’s how to run SFC and DISM in Windows 10:
- At the bar Windows Search, type cmd. Right-click-click on Command Prompt and run as admin.
- In the command line, type sfc / scannow and press Enter.
- Once that is complete, type the following command and press Enter after each:
- DISM / online / Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth
- DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth
- When the procedure ends, restart your PC and try to update your system again.