Windows 10 has uncountable errors as it is a complex operating system and Microsoft cannot eliminate all errors once and for all. However, these errors usually become a problem for users who are not tech-savvy. One of the many Windows 10 errors is the error message saying: App or game is not designed to run on your OS. This error may appear due to incompatibility issues. But if you think everything is fine with compatibility and the error is appearing for no reason then you can fix it using this article as your guide.
How to fix the error message: app or game is not designed to run on your OS?
Reinstall the Microsoft Visual CC++ :
One way to resolve this issue is to uninstall and then reinstall the Microsoft Visual CC++. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Head over to the control panel
- Then navigate to program features through programs.
- And then click on uninstall program
- Look for Microsoft Visual CC++
- Then right-click on it and click uninstall
- Now restart your PC
- Next, download the installer for Microsoft Visual CC++, depending on your system, and reinstall the program
- Now see if the issue persists
Run an SFC scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Let the command run and then restart the PC
Clean the Registry:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- Then input regedit in the RUN dialogue box and click OK
- Now, head over to the following path:
- Next, search throughout every listing in this folder for Microsoft Visual C++ 20XX under ProductName
- Now, right-click each and every entry and select Export
- Then right-click them again and now select Delete
- Finally, restart the PC and see if the problem is fixed
If this article was useful in resolving the issue then, please leave a comment down below.