Chksdsk or check disk utility is a really important tool present in Windows to check hard disks for any possible errors. However, sometimes the chkdsk scan itself gets stuck and becomes a problem of its own. Luckily, you can fix that issue using the solutions mentioned below.
How to resolve the chkdsk issue?
Clean boot your computer:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter
- Now head over to the services tab in the system configuration window and choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Now head over to the Startup tab and click open task manager.
- Now disable every startup item from the list.
- Now navigate back to the system configuration window and click apply.
- Click ok and save changes.
- After that, restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed
Run an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Cleaning up unnecessary files:
- Go to the start menu, then search for disk cleanup and launch it.
- Select the respective disk you want to clean, then see how much space you can cleanup
- Now select the button cleanup system files.
- The disk cleanup will remove any unnecessary temporary files from the drive
If this article was useful to you in resolving the issue then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.