For any Windows user, a Microsoft account is essential as it’s connected to the Windows. Therefore when the user profile faces any malfunctions or gets corrupted, some severe problems may take place. But don’t worry, we have solutions to fix the corrupt user profile. Just keep reading and follow a few easy steps.
Modify the registry:
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear
- Type Regedit in the dialogue box and click OK
- Then head over to the location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystemCredSSPParameters
- Click each S-1-5 folder and then double click on ProfileImagePath and find out with which user is linked
- Once you’ve found the corrupted user account, then double click on RefCount and set the value to 0
- Next double click on State, then set the value to 0 and click Ok
- Close the registry editor and restart your PC
Run an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Reset the Windows:
- Open the start menu then click on the power button
- Then press and hold this Shift key and click on restart
- Select Troubleshoot and then choose reset PC > keep my files log in with your username and password
- Then choose the version of your Windows and click reset
- Perform antivirus scan
- Update the Windows
- Create a new user account
If this helps, give your feedback in the comments below.