Cortana is like a personal assistant software like google assistant on our phones. Like the google assistant, it needs a proper internet connection to function. Sometimes the users tend to face a connection problem with the Cortana although their internet connection is working fine. Here in this article, we’ve mentioned methods that are effective in fixing the connection error with Cortana.
How to fix the Cortana connection error?
- Press Windows key + S key
- Search for Internet Options and choose Internet Options
- Head over to Connection Tab in the internet settings and click on Lan Settings
- Now deselect the option Use a proxy server for your Lan.
- Click Ok
Run the internet connection troubleshooter:
- Head over to the Settings app
- Now click on Update & Security
- Select Troubleshoot
- Next choose the internet connections troubleshooter
- Finally press Run the Troubleshooter
- Click on Troubleshoot my connection to the internet and let the troubleshooting take place then check if the issue is fixed
Disable your antivirus:
Some of your antivirus features may be intervening in your system and so causing the error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
This article is certainly effective in helping users to fix the Cortana connection error. However if you found a new way to fix this problem then let us know in the comments section below.