Internet Settings are essential for a safe browsing experience. However, sometimes these settings don’t let you download certain files. Here in this article, you’ll learn how to adjust the settings so that you can download your preferred file.
How to fix the issue of security settings?
Change your internet options:
- Press the Windows key + S key and search for internet options
- Then choose Internet Options
- Head over to the Security Tab and choose Internet
- Next, click on Custom Level button
- Now enable File download + Font download
- Then simply click OK to save changes
Reset Internet Explorer settings:
- First of all, open the Internet Options and head over to the Advanced Tab
- Then look for Reset Internet Explorer Settings and click on the Reset button
- Now select the option Delete personal settings if you’re considering to delete your browsing history, cookies, password, etc.
- Next, click the Reset button
- After the process completes simply restart your browser and see if the issue is fixed
Disable your antivirus:
Some of your antivirus features may be intervening in your system and so causing the error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
Please leave your feedback in the comments section below if the article helped you fix the issue.