Occasionally the Windows users face a problem of denied access to any particular folder that they are trying to move or copy the folder. This article will provide you with all the necessary solutions you need to fix this problem so keep reading.
How to fix the folder access denied problem on Windows 10?
Perform a clean boot:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter
- Now head over to the services tab in the system configuration window and choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Now head over to the Startup tab and click open task manager.
- Now disable every startup item from the list.
- Now navigate back to the system configuration window and click apply.
- Click ok and save changes.
- After that, restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed
- Open the command prompt and run as administrator.
- Then type in the following command.
Note: X is your respective drive name
- Hit Enter and wait for chkdsk to repair your drive
Gain permission to the inaccessible device:
- Right-click on the inaccessible drive, USB, file, or folder
- Then click on properties
- Now, head over to Security and click Advanced
- Next, look for the Owner Tab
- Click on Edit
- Then click on your username under Group or username
- Check all the boxes in the Allow column and click OK
- Lastly, click Apply to save changes
If the article was helpful in fixing the problem then, please leave your feedback in the comments section below.