There is a kind of error with DirectX that says DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error in Windows. This error is widespread with many the Windows games, and it’s pretty much irritating when you want to play your favorite game, but this error doesn’t let you start it. Luckily, it can be fixed, and in the guide, we will be discussing those fixes. Without any further due, let’s dive in the step by step guide to fix the DirectX error.
How to fix the DirectX error?
Uninstall and Reinstall the graphic card drivers:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Next, click on Device Manager
- head to Display Adapters section. Now find your graphic card driver
- Next, right-click on the driver and click on uninstall
- Then tick the Remove the driver software for this device box and click ok
- After the driver has been removed, Restart your PC
- Now go to your respective graphic driver’s site and download and install the latest drivers
Configure display scaling:
- Open the Display Window
- Now click on Custom Scaling
- Set DPI scale to 100 and click Apply to save changes
- Then sign out
Try editing the registry:
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear
- Type Regedit in the box and click ok
- Then head over to the folder ComputerHKEY_CLASSES_ROOTPROTOCOLSFiltertext/XML
- Now click on File and then select Export
- Next, enter the file title and click save to back up the registry file
- Then close the registry and see if the issue persists
Well, everyone wants to play their favorite game in peace without those annoying errors popping up. I’m sure you could fix the error by using this guide, but if not, then try looking at compatibly of the DirectX version with your system, and you may get to know what the real problem is.