DISM stands for the acronym of Deployment Image Servicing and Management. It is an essential Window utility. The main job of DISM is to mount and service the windows image, which is used for windows Recovery and windows setup. DISM is a necessary feature, but people have been facing man errors with DISM. If you are one of the users that are facing the error regarding DISM, then we have some solutions for you.
Solutions to fix the DISM error 2
Following are the solutions to fix DISM error 2,
1. Check your DISM version
Make sure you are using the correct version of DISM installed with he window ADK. Also, don’t mount images to protected folders such as the User documents folder.
If DISM processes are interrupted, disconnect from the network temporarily and consider running commands from WinPE instead.
2. Use disk clean up tool
Since the DISM tool brings up DISM error 2, and disk cleanup can’t release much space, use the disk Defragmenter to rearrange fragmented data on the system by following the steps below;
- Log in as Administrator
- Click start and select File Explorer
- Expand this PC
- Right-click on Local Disk(C:) and click properties
- Go to Tools tab
- Under Optimize and defragment the drive, select optimize
- Click apply and then click ok.
3. Disable or uninstall your antivirus
In some cases, the security software might be the reason for “DISM error 2 unable to access the image”. To fix the problem, you can disable or uninstall your antivirus application temporarily. Then check if the DISM works appropriately. If the error still exists, then move on to the next solution.
4. Perform a system restore
you can also fix DISM error 2 unable to access image by performing system restore if you have created a system restore point. Follow the steps given below to perform system restore:
- Open search utility and input restore in the search box. Then click create a restore point.
- In the pop-up window, click the system restore button. Click next to skip the wizard.
- Select a system restore point according to the description, end the creating time and data. Then click next.
After completing this, you can try running DISM commands. If the error still appears, you might need to reset your PC with keep my files option.
If you get any error regarding DISM, then follow the mentioned steps carefully, and resolve your problem regarding DISM error 2.