DSIM has been a significant fix for many Windows update errors plus other errors, even the screens of death. However, sometimes the DSIM itself stops working and prompts with errors. So here are some solutions to fix the errors in DSIM.
Reset Windows update components:
• Press the Windows key + X key
• And run the command prompt as admin
• And then type in the following command
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
• Let the command run and then restart your PC
Try Windows Update troubleshooter:
Windows troubleshooter update is a tool designed to eliminate any bugs related to Windows update.
To run the Windows update troubleshooter, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Then click on Troubleshoot
• Then select Windows Update under Get up and running, and then select Run the troubleshooter.
Cleaning up system image components:
Press Windows key + X key
• The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
• Now type in the following command:
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
• let the command run and restart the PC
Disable your antivirus:
Some of your antivirus features may be intervening in your system, and so causing the error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
If you know more solutions to this issue, then let us know in the comments below.