Windows 10 is a great operating system but sometimes users face issues during the update such as Driver irql not less or equal (mfewfpk.sys) error. Don’t worry you can fix this error by following this guide.
How to fix the driver irql not less or equal (mfewfpk.sys) error?
Uninstall McAfee antivirus software:
It is reported that the McAfee antivirus tends to cause this error so you should consider uninstalling your antivirus if it’s McAfee as uninstalling it can fix the problem.
Enter Safe Mode and uninstall McAfee:
- Press Windows key + I key
- Open the power button menu and click on restart while holding the shift key simultaneously
- Now in the boot options, click on troubleshoot
- Then click on Advanced Options and head over to Startup Settings
- Next, click on the restart button
- After your computer restarts, keep pressing the F5 key to enter the Safe Mode
- Now restart the computer in safe mode and run the McAfee removal tool
- Remove McAfee completely from your system
Perform a system restore:
If you’re continually getting the error, then you could solve this problem by running a system restore. For that, follow the steps:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore
- The select create a system restore point
- Now click on the system restore button
- The system restore window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed
- Further, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
If this article enabled you to fix the error then, please leave a comment down below.