Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint is a built-in tool created to fight and eliminate any malware threat faced by the operating system. But as you may know that the built-in antivirus and anti-malware tools are complex so they tend to prompt users with an error such as Error 0x80070002. If you’re one of those users who have encountered the error 0x80070002 in System Center 2012 Endpoint then follow this step by step guide to resolve this problem.
How can I fix the error 0x80070002 in System Center 2012 Endpoint?
Allow permissions from configuration manager:
- First, open the configuration manager
- Then choose Administration
- Now, expand to Overview entry
- Next, expand Site Configuration and click on Sites
- Now, choose Configure Site Components and select Software Distribution
- Then switch to Network Access Account
- Add the user account that needs permission to access the content
Uninstall all the antivirus programs:
If you’ve any antivirus programmed installed then kindly consider uninstalling it to fix the error. As the third-party antivirus software can intervene in the system’s processes. Hence, causing the error 0x80070002 in System Center 2012 Endpoint.
These above-mentioned solutions are quite effective in fixing the error. However, if these solutions didn’t work for you and you found some other way to fix this error then let us know in the comments section below as it helps us to improve our guides in the future.