Error 404 is the most common error when talking about opening web pages. Well, practically the web page isn’t available anymore because of various reasons such as maybe the file was renamed, deleted, or unavailable due to any upgrade or maintenance. This article is a step by step guide created for users to fix Error 404.
How to fix Error 404-the requested resource is not available?
Enter Safe Mode:
- Open the power button menu and click on the restart while holding the shift key simultaneously
- Now in the boot options, click on troubleshoot
- Then click on Advanced Options and head over to Startup Settings
- Next, click on the restart button
- After your computer restarts, keep pressing the F5 key to enter the Safe Mode
- Now restart the computer in safe mode and check if the issue is resolved
Note: enter safe mode in the appropriate category that is entering safe mode with networking
Perform a clean boot:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter
- Now head over to the services tab in the system configuration window and choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Now head over to the Startup tab and click open task manager.
- Now disable every startup item from the list.
- Now navigate back to the system configuration window and click apply.
- Click ok and save changes.
- After that, restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed.
Run an SFC scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Let the command run and then restart the PC
If this article played its part well in fixing Error 404 then please let us know in the comments section below.