Where windows have countless update errors, the error code 0x80070005 only adds to the pain of users. This error code usually appears when you start the installation process. Worry not you can get rid of this error by applying the following methods and we’re sure they’re effective solutions to this error.
How to fix the error code 0x80070005?
Run the Windows Troubleshooter:
Windows troubleshooter is a tool designed to eliminate any bugs related to Windows.
To run the Windows troubleshooter, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Then click on Troubleshoot
• Now click on the Windows Store app and proceed with the process to complete it
Perform a clean boot:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter
- Now head over to the services tab in the system configuration window and choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Now head over to the Startup tab and click open task manager.
- Now disable every startup item from the list.
- Now navigate back to the system configuration window and click apply.
- Click ok and save changes.
- After that, restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed
Restore Windows after clean boot:
- Press Windows key + R key
- Then type msconfig in the RUN dialogue box that appears
- Choose the Normal Startup option
- Now head over to Services tab and hide all Microsoft Services
- Next open the Task Manager
- Then enable all the startup processes by click on Enable on by one
- Now finally restart your PC
Reset store cache:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Choose the command prompt and run it as admin
- Type in the following command in the command prompt box:
- Let the command run and then restart the PC
If this article was useful to you in fixing the error code 0x80070005 then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.