The error code 0x80248014 appears when Windows 10 users are trying to check for the updates. This kind of error ruins the stable experience of the software and sometimes becomes a nightmare for not so tech-savvy people to solve such error. But you need not worry. Here are some solutions to the error code 0x80248014, which help run your system normally again.
How to fix the error code 0x80248014 in Windows 10?
Resetting Network Items:
So if the error code 0x80248014 is appearing while you’re checking for updates, then this simple method can resolve your issue. Follow the instructions below:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Choose the command prompt and run as administrator.
- Then type in the following command in the command prompt box.
net stop WuAuServ
- Now type the following in the search box and press Enter. ‘%windir%‘
- Find the software distribution folder and rename it to SDold.
- Open the command prompt again as before and again type in the same command mentioned above^
Running the Windows Troubleshooter:
- Go to the settings
- Click on Updates & Security
- Then click on Troubleshoot.
- Further click on Windows Update
- Run the troubleshooter and follow the instructions on the screen
Try flushing the DNS.
If the methods mentioned above don’t work for you, then try flushing DNS. Follow the steps below:
- Run command prompt as administrator again
- Enter the following commands and restart your PC
and ipconfig /renew
- Run SFC and DSIM scan
- Delete software distribution folder