GWXUX.exe is the component of Windows update also known as KB3035583. However, sometimes the GWXUX.exe file stops working as Windows is vulnerable to .exe file errors. Here in this article, you’ll learn you to fix the issue GWXUX.exe so that you can get rid of those unwanted pop-ups.
How can I resolve the GWXUX.exe error?
Disable the GWXUX application in Task Scheduler:
- Head over to the start menu and search Task Scheduler
- Open the Task Scheduler window and go to Windows
- Navigate to Setup and choose gwxux
- Inside the gwxux folder simply disable the tasks present
- Now restart your PC
Perform a system restore:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore
- The select create a system restore point
- Now click on the system restore button
- The system restore window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed
- Further, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Try Windows Update troubleshooter:
Windows troubleshooter update is a tool designed to eliminate any bugs related to Windows update.
To run the Windows update troubleshooter, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Then click on Troubleshoot
• Then select Windows Update under Get up and running, and then select Run the troubleshooter.
If you were able to fix the GWXUX.exe error with help of this article then let us know in the comments section below.