Virtual Memory helps to combine your RAM and free space in the hard disk to help users to run more programs than you can usually run on your computers. However, often the virtual memory also runs low and these below mentioned methods with step by step instructions can help you fix that issue.
How to fix the low virtual memory on Windows?
Run an SFC scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Let the command run after that. Restart your PC
Checking disk for any possible errors:
- Open the command prompt and run as administrator.
- Then type in the following command.
Note: X is your respective drive name
Cleaning up unnecessary files:
- Go to the start menu, then search for disk cleanup and launch it.
- Select the respective disk you want to clean, then see how much space you can cleanup
- Now select the button cleanup system files.
- The disk cleanup will remove any unnecessary temporary files from the drive
- Extend virtual memory
- Increase the RAM
- Scan for malware
If this article helped you bring your virtual memory to normal levels then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.