Several Windows users love to play games from Microsoft Store. However, occasionally Windows users report being prompted with an error message that says that windows games won’t download. You can fix this problem by using the solutions mentioned below.
How to resolve the issue of Microsoft Store not downloading games?
Perform a clean boot:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter
- Now head over to the services tab in the system configuration window and choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Now head over to the Startup tab and click open task manager.
- Now disable every startup item from the list.
- Now navigate back to the system configuration window and click apply.
- Click ok and save changes.
- After that, restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed
Run a system restore:
If you’re continually getting the error, then you could solve this problem by running a system restore. For that, follow the steps:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore
- The select create a system restore point
- Now click on the system restore button
- The system restore window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed
- Further, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Sometimes the third party antivirus features intervene in your system and so cause the error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or the whole antivirus for a bit.
Create a new user account:
- Open the control panel.
- Click user accounts
- Select user accounts
- Now click on Manage another account.
- Next, click on Add a new user in the PC settings.
- Select add someone else to this PC
- Enter the necessary information about the user and go back to change an account
- Open the new account and click Change the account type.
- Make it admin
- Now go back to your current account and backup your files and documents.
- After that, click on delete account and delete files.
- Log into your new profile and then from the settings. Check if the issue persists
If you were able to download games again from the Microsoft Store with the help of this article then, please leave a comment.