FIX: “No Directx 10 or 11 adapter or runtime found” error
No DirectX 10 or 11 adapter error message sometimes appears for Grand Theft Auto 5 players.
When they start GTA 5, the game returns this error message:
1. Update Graphic Card driver
You can manually update your driver by following these steps:
- First, open the Run and enter dxdiag to open a window in a shot straight down.
- Take note of the operating systems listed in the System tab and title graphics cards listed in the Display tab.
- It would help if you had them to update the details of the video card driver.
- Next, open the site graphic card manufacturers, such as Nvidia or AMD, in your browser.
- Go to the driver on the manufacturer’s website.
- For example, you can click Drivers Nvidia to open the drop-down menu directly below the snapshot on the site.
- Select the graphic card details are required from the drop-down menu that includes the menu site.
- Or, you may need to enter your graphics card in the search box.
- The site will then list the details of the appropriate driver selected or keywords entered when you press the Search button.
- Downloading drivers from which 32 or 64-bit Windows platforms.
- After that, press the Win key + X hotkey.
- Select Device Manager on the menu Win + X.
- Double-click Display adapters to expand the device.
- Then right-click the graphics card is registered and select the option Update the driver to open a window directly below.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software options in the window.
- Then you can select. Let me pick from a list of available drivers to choose the latest graphics card drivers.
- Press the Have Disk button.
- Click the Browse button to select the required driver file, then press the Open button.
- Click Next to install the driver.
- If your video card drivers are up to date and do not need to update, re-install it by right-clicking the graphics card listed on the Device Manager window and choose the Uninstall device.
- The windows will automatically reinstall the driver when you restart your desktop computer or laptop.
Re-install the graphics card driver still has DirectX runtime for some Grand Theft Auto 5 players. There are several ways that you can re-install the video card driver.
Your best bet may be to get the graphics card driver update from the manufacturer’s website to ensure you have the latest and then install the driver.