Well, basically remote desktop is this useful feature in the Windows software that lets you access and control your computer from another device. This can come in handy when monitoring your children or general you can turn on or off the computer from the other room. However, sometimes the remote desktop tends to prompt you with connection error. Now as the remote desktop heavily depends on the internet connection so checking your internet connection will be the first fix to this issue but still, if you aren’t able to fix this issue then try out the solutions mentioned below.
How to fix the remote desktop connection issue?
Enable remote desktop in Windows settings:
- Search for the remote settings
- Then click on Allow Remote connections to your computer
- Now select the check box Allow Remote connections to your computer and click OK to save changes
Configure display scaling:
- Open the Display Window
- Now click on Custom Scaling
- Then select turn off custom scaling and sign out
- Head over to properties of the network adapter and look for a wireless adapter that is running
- Search internet protocol version 6(Ipv6) under options uncheck Ipv6 to disable it.
- Click ok and restart the computer.
If this article was helpful in fixing the issue then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.