It is possible that sometimes your rotation lock is greyed and you can’t change your orientation of the screen. Try the methods given below to solve this issue.
How to solve the rotation lock greyed error in Windows 10?
Use the device in tent mode:
If your window is showing upside down that you should consider putting your device in the tent mode. All you’ve to do is click on Action Center in the taskbar and turn off the rotation lock .
Uninstall display drivers:
- Press Win key + X key
- Now click on Device Manager
- When the Device Manager manager opens head to Display Adapters section. Now find your driver
- Next, right-click on the driver and click on uninstall
- Then tick the Remove the driver software for this device box and click ok
- After the driver has been removed Restart your PC
Turn on the potrait mode:
- Open the settings and head over to system
- Then click on display
- Now find orientation tab and simply choose potrait mode
- The device will automatically switch to potrait mode
Changing the LastOrientation registry value:
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear
- Now type regedit in the RUN box
- Press Enter and click OK to proceed
- After registry editor opens
- Head over to the folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAuto
- Then locate Last Orientation in the right pane and double click it
- Set the value to 0 and click Ok
- If you see the Sensor Present DWORD and set it to 1
- Now look if the issue is resolved
If you know more solutions to this issue mention them in the comments below!