Sometimes, the startup programs blow up and slow down the startup process. If you are one of those users who’ve been facing the issue of a faulty startup folder then this article will serve as the ultimate guide to fix this problem.
How can I fix the faulty startup folder?
Check the Startup Manager:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc in order to open Task Manager
- Then open the Startup Tab
- Now, choose the programs that you want to start with the system and simply enable them
- Finally, save changes and restart the PC
Insert shortcut manually:
- Head over to the installation folder of the problematic program
- Now, to create a shortcut, right-click on the exe file and click on create a shortcut
- Then press Windows key + R key
- Next, input shell: startup in the RUN dialogue box and click OK
- Now copy the shortcut and paste it into the Startup folder
- Lastly, restart the PC
Run a DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command and press Enter.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Lastly, let the command run and restart the PC
If this article proved to be a useful guide in fixing the problem then, please let us know in the comments section below.