Synaptics is known for making touchpads that are very popular amongst computer users as it makes the process more efficient and productive. However, this efficiency and productivity can be affected badly if your touchpad stops to work and you don’t even have a spare mouse with you. Here in this article, we’re going to discuss some effective methods to fix this error so that you can function your touchpad again and save the day.
How to fix the Synaptics touchpad disabled issue on Windows 10?
Perform a clean boot:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter
- Now head over to the services tab in the system configuration window and choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Now head over to the Startup tab and click open task manager.
- Now disable every startup item from the list.
- Now navigate back to the system configuration window and click apply.
- Click ok and save changes.
- After that, restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed
Check Touchpad Settings:
- Open Control Panel
- Then head over to Mouse section
- Look for the Device Settings Tab
- Now select your touchpad and click on Settings
- Then navigate to the Tapping Section and disable Double tap to enable or disable touchpad option
Disable the Mouse from Device Manager:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Then click on Device Manager
- Then search for the mouse device and click disable
If this article turned out to be helpful to you in terms of resolving the issue then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.