Fix TAP Windows Adapter V9 error with these solutions
TAP-Windows Adapter V9 is an essential network driver for the VPN connection. Thus, the network driver will be automatically installed with VPN software. The default folder path TAP-Windows Adapter V9 driver is C: / Program Files / Tap-Windows.
However, some users have expressed in the forums that their internet connection was not working with TAP-Windows Adapter is enabled. Even when they disable the TAP network driver, then automatically reactivate itself. Thus, the user still can not connect. Here are some resolutions for the error TAP-Windows Adapter V9.
1. Open the Internet Connection Problems
First, the user can check the Internet connection troubleshooter in Windows. It troubleshooter to fix all kinds of connection problems. So, it might be worth checking if the troubleshooter can provide a resolution for connection errors TAP-Windows Adapter V9.
Follow the guide below to open the Internet connection troubleshooter in Windows 10.
- Press Windows + Q hotkey, which opened Cortana.
- Enter a critical word problem at Cortana and open the issue.
- Select Internet Connection and click Run troubleshooter to open the window directly below.
- Please select an option to Troubleshoot my connection to the internet.
- Then go through the resolution presents a problem solver.
2. Reset the TAP-Windows Adapter Connection
Repeat the TAP adapter; the disable and re-enable it will reset the network function. So, that power also corrects mistakes TAP-Windows Adapter V9.
Users can reset the TAP adapter as follows.
- Cortana’s open search box.
- Enter the network at the Cortana text box and select the network status to open the window directly below.
- Click Network and Sharing Center to open the windows in the snapshot below.
- Then click Change adapter settings to open the Control Panel applet shown below.
- Right-click the TAP-Windows Adapter and select Disable.
- Wait a minute, and then right-click the TAP-Windows Adapter and select Enable.