If you’re encountered with the semaphore cannot be set again error then it is possible that some malware has inflicted the programs, BIOS is obsolete, missing files or may be deleted registry value. In this article we will guide and help you in fixing the error through the solutions mentioned below.
How to fix the semaphore cannot be set again error?
Uninstall/Reinstall the problematic program:
- Open Control Panel
- Head over to and clock on Uninstall a program
- Then go to the problematic program
- Right-click on it and Uninstall it
- Remove the remaining folders and clean the Registry(make sure you backup the registry first)
- Restart your PC
- Reinstall and the program and see if the issue is fixed
Utilize system restore:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore.
- The select create a system restore point.
- Now click on the system restore button.
- The system restore window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed.
- And follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Use the System File Checker:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Let the command run after that. Restart your PC
If this article was helpful in fixing the semaphore cannot be set again error then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.