Windows Installer is primarily used for the installation of programs. Moreover, it is also used for the maintenance and disposal of the software. The Windows Installer package works smoothly but sometimes it encounters errors such as the installation error message that says: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. Here in this article, we’ve combined some effective ways to fix this problem.
How can I fix the issue[There is a problem with this Windows Installer package]?
Look for error in Windows Installer:
- Simply, right-click on the Start menu and then select command prompt
- Then run command prompt as admin
- Next, type the following command in cmd:
- Now the pop window with Windows Installer details will appear
- If you find any error then simply re-register the Windows Installer service
Re-register Windows Installer:
- Open command prompt with administrative privileges
- Then input the following command:
- Close command prompt
- Then search services.msc and open the Services window
- Next, navigate to Windows Installer service, right-click on it and stop it
- Right-click once again and click Start
- Finally, restart your PC
Run the program Install/Uninstall Troubleshooter:
- First, download the Troubleshooter
- Next, run the troubleshooter
- Simply, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process
If the article helped you in rectifying the issue then let us know in the comments section below.