FIX: There might be a problem with your audio device
Perhaps an issue with your audio device messages may sometimes appear and may cause your audio problems. However, there are ways to deal with this message on your PC.
How can I fix the audio device issue?
1. Make sure that your audio drivers are up to date
Sometimes maybe a problem with your audio device, messages can appear for your outdated drivers.
To prevent this message appears, it is recommended to update to the newest version.
To do that, you must find a model of your sound card and download the latest driver for it.
Most windows users have an integrated sound card, so you only need to visit your motherboard manufacturer’s website, check the model, and download the audio driver.
2. Install the latest updates
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings application.
- Navigate to Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates.
- If updates are available, these will be automatically downloaded in the background and installed after you restart your PC.
3. Make sure that the correct device as the standard playback devices
- Right-click the volume control icon in the lower right corner and select Sounds.
- Open the Playback tab, and locate your audio devices (speakers or headphones).
- Right-click and choose Set as Default Device.
- Click Apply and OK.
After making these changes, check if the problem still exists.
4. Replace the audio driver
- Press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager.
- Finding your audio device, right-click, and select Uninstall device.
- Select the Delete driver software option for this device option.
- Choose Uninstall.
- Select Scan for hardware changes icon.
- Windows will then try to install the default drivers.
5. Modify the registry
- Press Windows Key + R, type Regedit, and press Enter.
- Go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class
- Search LowerFilter with LVUSBSta.sys value.
- Clear LVUSBSta.sys as a data value and check whether the problem is resolved.
- We must warn you that modifying the registry can be potentially dangerous if you are not careful, so you should make a backup before making any changes.