While updating the Windows 10 operating system as well as installing some system components, you may see an unexpected error 0x80070422, showing that there was some difficulty installing the updates or installing There was something wrong with me.
Correcting the error through Services
In most cases, the error of 0x80070422 during the installation of the operating system update is due to disabling the services that are involved in the installation process (responsible for the update center process). In such a situation, the following steps may be helpful in resolving the issue.
- Press the Win + R combination to open the “Run” window.
- Enter the Services.msc command and click OK (or press Enter).
- The Services window will appear on the screen. If you scroll through the list on the right, find the “Windows Update” line and double-click it with the left mouse button.
- Check the “Startup Type” parameter in the properties opened on the “General” tab. It should be set to “Manual” or “Automatic”.
- If another option is installed, make the necessary changes and click the Run button. Then close the window by clicking the “OK” button to apply the new settings.
Note: If the “Start” button is disabled, close all windows and restart your PC or laptop. The situation where the “Startup” parameter cannot be modified is described separately below.