Imagine after a long time you finally decide to upgrade to the latest Windows operating system(WINDOWS 10) but when you launch it, you face an unexpected activation error 0x004f074. Nevertheless, it is normal to encounter errors in Windows 10. Plus, the errors can be fixed so, it isn’t much of a big deal. Here in this article, we’ve mentioned some effective ways to fix the activation error 0x004f074.
How can I fix the activation error 0x004f074?
Solution1[Execute Slmgr.vbs command]:
- Open command prompt with administrative privileges
- Then input the following command cmd and hit Enter:
slmgr.vbs –ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
- After the above-mentioned command runs then input the following command press Enter:
- After the command runs close cmd and restart your PC
Solution 2[Run an SFC scan]:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Let the command run and then restart the PC
Solution 3[Disable your antivirus]:
Some of your antivirus features may be intervening in your system and so causing the error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
If this article helped you fix the activation error 0x004f074 then, please leave your feedback in the comments section below.