Windows 10 is an incredible OS system but users face issues occasionally. One such issue is that the Windows 10 keeps freezing. If you’ve encountered this issue then follow this guide and you’ll be able to resolve the issue.
How to fix the Windows 10 freezing issue?
Launch Startup repair:
- Restart your PC
- Open recovery window
- Then head over to the Troubleshoot option and select Advanced Options > Startup repair
- Next, follow the instructions given on the screen to complete the process
- Open the command prompt and run as administrator.
- Then type in the following command.
Note: X is your respective drive name
- Hit Enter and wait for chkdsk to repair your drive
Update your drivers:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Next, click on Device Manager.
- When the Device Manager manager opens
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver software
- Repeat the task for every driver
Install the latest updates:
- Open Settings
- Then choose Update & Security
- Now click on check for updates
- Let Windows find any updates present
- After that simply install the updates available
Changing the size of virtual memory:
- Click on the start menu and select File Explorer.
- Now right-click on This PC and then click on Properties, choose Advanced System Settings.
- On the Advanced tab, click on settings under the performance section.
- Now look for the Virtual Memory section and click on the Change button.
- Deselect the option Automatically manage paging file size for all drives
- Now select a custom size option.
- Next, enter the maximum size in MB.
- Click Set and press Ok to save changes
If this article turned out to be useful in fixing the error then, please leave your feedback in the comments section below.