The error “Windows 10 driver stopped responding and has recovered” is usually caused due to a problem in the display driver, this error leads to a black screen which doesn’t let you use your computer properly. Today in this article we’re going to discuss certain methods that are effective in fixing this problem so you should read the article till the end and try out the methods to fix this error on your computers.
How to fix the driver stopped responding and has recovered error on Windows 10?
Change power plan to high performance:
- Open power settings
- Then select high performance
Edit the registry:
- Press Windows key + R key
- Then type regedit in the RUN dialogue box and click Ok
- Now in the registry editor, head over to the following folder:
- Look for the DWORD ‘TdrDelay‘
- If you can’t find the DWORD then create a new DWORD ‘TdrDelay’
- Now open the DWORD and set the value to 8
- Close the registry editor window and restart your PC to save changes
Reset Visual Effects:
- Search and open Advanced System Settings
- Head over to System Properties and click on Advanced tab
- Now select Adjust for best performance or Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
- Click Apply and Ok to save changes
- Use old drivers
- Update drivers in Safe Mode
- Clean graphic card
- Remove overclocking
If you were able to fix the error using the above-mentioned methods then please leave your feedback in the comments below.