When you frequently update your Windows, then it is likely that you’ll face some inevitable update errors, and one of error 0x80072af9 is among the most common Windows update error that causes a hindrance in the upgrade of your Windows software. Here are some solutions that will help you get rid of these update errors on your computer.
Run Scan for SFC and DSIM
Sometimes the Windows files become damaged or corrupted, which results in a 0x80073701 error. To solve it, you’ve to run a system file scan and DISM.
Follow the below mention steps to do that:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Let the scan proceed.
- After the scan is finished, restart your computer and see if the error is still there or not.
Solution 2: Clean those unimportant junk files
Sometimes the unimportant junk files that are resting in our system are the reason to cause any errors as corrupt the essential and essential files of the system. So you can delete those junk files by following these steps:
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear
- Type ‘cleanmgr‘ in the dialogue box
- Choose the system location of your choice ( it’s usually drive C)
- Click on ‘Clean up system files.’
- And this way, the junk files will be removed.
- Update your system
- Uninstall the recent Windows update
- Try reinstalling the Office apps.
If you know more of such solutions for this kind of error, do mention them below in the comments!