What can I do if the sound is automatically on my PC?
- Update the sound driver
- Run audio problem solvers
- Run hardware and problem solvers
Update the sound driver
- Right-click Start and select Device Manager
- Expand sound controllers, videos, and games
- Select your sound card and open
- Go to the Driver tab
- Select Driver Update. If Windows does not find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.
- Or, delete the installation of your audio driver from Device Manager by right-clicking and selecting Uninstall. Turn on your device, and Windows will try to reinstall the driver.
You can also use generic audio drivers equipped with Windows from Device Manager.
- Right-click, your audio driver
- Click on the Update Driver software
- Select Explore My Computer for Driver Software
- Select Let me choose from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Then select the high definition audio device, click Next, and follow the instructions to install it.
Run audio problem solvers
Open the search bar and type of problem-solving, then press enter.
Click the hardware and sound.
Click play audio and then click Next.
Problem solvers will look for problems and provide feedback on the next steps.
Run the hardware and troubleshooting device
- Click Start and type troubleshooting in the search box to open problem solvers.
- Select hardware and sound
- Click the hardware and the device, then click Next to start the process and find out what can be a problem – both mic or headset.