This article examines when to change the volume on a laptop or PC running Windows 10 operating system when it is too small and if it is due to a software or hardware error.
The volume is set incorrectly
Often low volume does not show a technical or software glitch but is restricted to system settings only. You can customize it:
- On multimedia keyboards and all laptops, the layout is designed to increase or decrease the volume, or by pressing the keys to mute/unmute the sound. We usually use the keys in conjunction with Fn (on a laptop).
- To adjust the volume, click on the loudspeaker-shaped icon in the system tray and move the slider in the desired direction.
- When the sound is muted, a cross will appear with the image of the speaker. If you click on such an icon, it will be activated again.
- If increasing the volume doesn’t help, right-click the volume icon and select “Open Volume Mixer” from the context menu.
- Here you can set the general level and the individual system tones and the level of the applications that play the tones.
- The volume can also be adjusted in applications themselves (such as Windows Media Player).