Windows Defender is a great security system present in Windows 10. Users may not even need a third-party antivirus for the security of their operating system. Nevertheless, Windows Defender is prone to errors and it gets annoying at times. One of the many Windows Defender error codes is the error code 0x800704ec. However, the error code 0x800704ec does have solutions and we’ve mentioned some effective solutions to fix it in this article.
How to fix the error code 0x800704ec?
Enable Windows Update Service:
- Press Windows key + R key
- Then input services.msc in the RUN dialog box and press Enter
- Navigate to Windows Defender in the Services window
- Select the services that have an empty slate in the Status column
- Right-click on them and choose Start
- Now Restart the PC
Some of your antivirus features may be intervening in your system and so causing the error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
Disable Windows Defender using Group Policy Editor:
- Open Group Policy Editor and head over to the following path: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender Antivirus
- Then right click on Turn off Windows Defender and click Edit
- Now, choose Not Configured and save changes
- Then in the end simply restart your PC
If the mentioned solutions to fix the error code 0x800704ec helped resolve the issue then, please leave your feedback in the comments section below .