Windows Defender is a blessing for Windows users as it acts as a built-in shield against the malware and other security threats to your operating system. However, it is reported by many users that sometimes the Windows Defender is unable to scan successfully. But worry not you can fix this issue by using the solutions mentioned below.
How can I fix Windows Defender scan issues?
Run a system restore:
If you’re continually getting the error, then you could solve this problem by running a system restore. For that, follow the steps:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore
- The select create a system restore point
- Now click on the system restore button
- The system restore window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed
- Further, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Run an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
- Open the command prompt and run as administrator.
- Then type in the following command.
Note: X is your respective drive name
- Hit Enter and wait for chkdsk to repair your drive
Leave your feedback in the comments section below if the article proved to be useful in fixing the problem.