The network error 0x800704cf is one of the common errors found in Windows 10. However, if you’re not that tech-savvy so you won’t know how to solve this problem. But worry not thus article will provide you all the necessary about how to fix this error on your own.
How to fix the network error 0x800704cf?
Adjust adapter settings:
- Head over to the System Settings
- Then click on Network and Internet
- Navigate to Change Adapter Options
- Next, right-click on the available Wifi network and select Properties
- Then deselect the first checkbox which days Client form Microsoft Networks
- Now, simply save changes and restart your computer
Uninstall/Reinstall your network adapter drivers:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Next, click on Device Manager.
- When the Device Manager manager opens head to Display Adapters section, find your network’s Adapter driver.
- Next, right-click on the driver and click on uninstall
- Then tick the Remove the driver software for this device box and click ok.
- After the driver has been removed, Restart your PC
- Now go to your respective network’s adapter manufacturer’s site and download and install the latest drivers.
- Open the command prompt and run it as admin
- Now type in the following command:
- Next type in nbstat-RR in the command prompt window and hit Enter
- Then execute the command nets int ip reset and winsock reset
- Let all the commands run and then restart your PC
If you found this article informative and useful then, please leave a comment below.