The Windows Photo Viewer is a utility in Windows that lets users open images on their computer; however, sometimes the users are prompted with an error Windows Photo Viewer can’t open this picture. This error is displayed either because the file isn’t supported or you didn’t update your system properly. Here are some methods to fix this error on your computers.
How to fix the error ‘Windows Photo Viewer can’t open this picture’?
Update photo viewer:
- Head over to the start menu and open settings
- Now open Update & Security
- Now choose check for updates.
- Select the box near to Photo Viewer and click install updates
- Let the update take place and restart the computer.
Perform a system restore:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore.
- The select create a system restore point.
- Now click on the system restore button.
- The system restore window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed.
- And follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Run an SFC scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Let the command run after that. Restart your PC
If this step by step guide was useful to you in fixing the error, then leave your feedback down below.