Everyone knows that Windows troubleshooter is one of the essential tools to fix any errors in the Windows OS. However, sometimes the Windows troubleshooter itself stops to respond. Therefore, we’ve created this step by step guide to help you fix the issue of an unresponsive/not working troubleshooter.
How to fix the not working Windows troubleshooter?
Run cryptographic service:
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type services.msc in the box and press Enter.
- Scroll the through the list, locate and double click on Cryptographic Services
- Set startup type to automatic and click on start immediately
- Now click Apply and Ok to save changes.
Perform an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Create a new user account:
- Open the control panel.
- Click user accounts
- Select user accounts
- Now click on Manage another account.
- Next, click on Add a new user in the PC settings.
- Select add someone else to this PC
- Enter the necessary information about the user and go back to change an account
- Open the new account and click Change the account type.
- Make it admin
- Now go back to your current account and backup your files and documents.
- After that, click on delete account and delete files.
- Log into your new profile and then from the settings. Check if the issue persists.
Perform a system restore:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore.
- The select create a system restore point.
- Now click on the system restore button.
- The system restore window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed.
- And follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
By the time you’ve tried every solution mentioned in this guide, we’re sure that you were able to fix the non-working troubleshooter.