The error XAudio2_6.dll is missing from has been reported by many Windows users. Basically, this error crashes the games or doesn’t let them launch. In both cases, it is utterly annoying. However, it isn’t some kind of problem b that can’t be fixed. We at windowstan make sure we provide the best solutions for such kind of issues. Hence, keep reading the article and you’ll know how you can fix this error on your computer.
How to fix the XAudio2_6.dll is missing from error?
Usually, if your program or game is linked to DirectX then it is possible that an obsolete version of DirectX can cause such error. Hence, in order to fix that you’ll have to update your DirectX version.
Update sound drivers:
- Open Device Manager
- Then head over to the Sound, video and game controllers tab
- Right-click on your audio device and select Update driver
- Now, choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Let Windows find and install drivers for you
Install latest updates:
- Open Settings
- Then choose Update & Security
- Now click on check for updates
- Let Windows find any updates present
- After that simply install the update present
If this article enabled you fixing the error using the mentioned methods then, please leave a comment down below.