If, by any chance, the registry file gets deleted by you or a program from the System 32 folder in Windows partition, then you may be prompted with an error that says Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. Read the article till the end to know how to fix this issue.
How to fix the error ‘your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart’?
Update your Windows:
- Fist, click Select Start.
- Then click Settings
- Now select Update & Security
- Click on Windows Update, check if any updates are available, and update if there are any present.
Modify memory dump settings:
- Press Windows key + S key
- Search for Advanced Systems and open it by double-clicking on it
- Next, click on the Advanced tab.
- Select settings under the startup and recovery section
- Deselect the option Automatically restart under system failure section
- Under the Write debugging information topic, click on the drop-down menu and left-click again on the Complete memory dump option.
- Lastly, save changes and reboot your computer.
Perform an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Run a system restore:
If you’re continually getting the error, then you could solve this problem by running a system restore. For that, follow the steps:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore
- The select create a system restore point
- Now click on the system restore button
- The system restore window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed
- Further, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
I’m confident that by the time you tried every solution given in this article, you could fix the error. If not, and you used some other method, then let us know in the comments below so that we can learn about it and update our article too.