So to run every important program in your Windows System, you’ve to assign it as admin. Hence, this has really high importance however, sometimes the administrator account gets disabled and you can use the following methods to fix it.
How to fix the disabled administrator account?
Enter Safe Mode:
- Press Windows key + L key
- Open the power button menu and click on the restart while holding the shift key simultaneously
- Now in the boot options, click on troubleshoot
- Then click on Advanced Options and head over to Startup Settings
- Next, click on the restart button
- After your computer restarts, keep pressing the F5 key to enter the Safe Mode
- Now restart the computer in safe mode and check if the issue is resolved
Note: enter the right Safe Mode category like Enter Safe Mode with Networking
Create a new user account:
- Open the control panel.
- Click user accounts
- Select user accounts
- Now click on Manage another account.
- Next, click on Add a new user in the PC settings.
- Select add someone else to this PC
- Enter the necessary information about the user and go back to change an account
- Open the new account and click Change the account type.
- Make it admin
- Now go back to your current account and backup your files and documents.
- After that, click on delete account and delete files.
- Log into your new profile and then from the settings. Check if the issue persists.
Open the group policy editor:
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear
- Type gpedit.msc and click OK
- After the group policy editor opens head over to the following path:
Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options
- Then in the right panel double click and open Accounts: Administrator account status
- After the properties window open, choose Enabled then click Apply and Ok to save changes
If this article helped you fix the issue then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.