Start Menu is one of the most important tools in Windows as it lets us access installed apps and settings quickly. However, this Windows tool can also face errors, and to fix it. Usually, users are advised to hide the Cortana, but sometimes both Start Menu and Cortana show a critical error that you can fix using the solutions mentioned below.
Solution 1[Go into the Safe Mode]:
- Press Windows key + L key
- Open the power button menu and click on the restart while holding the shift key simultaneously
- Now in the boot options, click on troubleshoot
- Then click on Advanced Options and head over to Startup Settings
- Next, click on the restart button
- After your computer restarts, keep pressing the F5 key to enter the Safe Mode
- Now restart the computer in safe mode and check if the issue is resolved
Solution 2 [Update your Windows]:
- Fist click Select Start
- Then click Settings
- Now select Update & Security
- Click on Windows Update, check if any updates are available, and update if there are any present
Solution 3 [Create a new user account]:
- Open the control panel.
- Click user accounts
- Select user accounts
- Now click on Manage another account.
- Next, click on Add a new user in the PC settings.
- Select add someone else to this PC
- Enter the necessary information about the user and go back to change an account
- Open the new account and click Change the account type.
- Make it admin
- Now go back to your current account and backup your files and documents.
- After that, click on delete account and delete files.
- Log into your new profile and then from the settings. Check if the issue persists.
By the time you’ve tried every solution mentioned above, I’m sure you could fix the critical Cortana/Startup menu error on your computers.