Windows has a lot of annoying update errors, and error 0x80190001 is one of them. We’ve created a step by step guide below to help you fix this error on your Windows PC. So keep reading and following the instructions to get rid of this error.
How to fix the Windows error 0x80190001?
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
Windows troubleshooter is a tool designed to eliminate any bugs related to Windows.
To run the Windows update troubleshooter, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Then click on Troubleshoot
• Then select Windows Update under Get up and Running and click Run the troubleshooter.
Perform a clean boot:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter
- Now head over to the services tab in the system configuration window and choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Now head over to the Startup tab and click open task manager.
- Now disable every startup item from the list.
- Now navigate back to the system configuration window and click apply.
- Click ok and save changes.
- After that, restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed.
Run Windows Update:
- Head over to the Settings and then click on Updates & Security
- Then click on check updates
- Update the Windows and see if the issue is fixed
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Unplug external devices:
So you may have different external devices plugged in your computer for various reasons, for example, a USB drive to store files. However, sometimes these external devices tend to interfere with the system and cause errors. Therefore you should consider unplugging all the external devices and see if the issue persists.
I hope you made this guide useful for you and were able to fix the error.