The error code 0x80070015 appears in two situations, one is during backing up files and second when saving files on the drive. Basically, this is a very common error in Windows and appears in almost all versions and so like other Windows errors, this error also has some fixes that you can try to get rid of it from your systems. We’ve mentioned those fixes in a step by step manner to help you fix this issue easily on your computers.
How to fix the error 0x80070015?
Run the hardware and devices troubleshooter:
- Head over to the settings
- Select Update & Security and choose Troubleshoot
- Now choose Hardware and Device and run the troubleshooter
Performing a full system scan:
Sometimes your system is infected with malware that tends to cause malfunctions in your system and errors as well, so a full system scan is essential for removing the malware threats from your computer. Follow the steps below to run a full system scan
- Go to the start menu and search defender
- Now double click and open the tool
- Then choose the shield icon
- Now click on Advanced Scan option
- Check the full system scan box
- Let the scan run and if you find any malware remove it
Clean boot your computer:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter
- Now head over to the services tab in the system configuration window and choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Now head over to the Startup tab and click open task manager.
- Now disable every startup item from the list.
- Now navigate back to the system configuration window and click apply.
- Click ok and save changes.
- After that, restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed
By the time you finished trying each and every method mentioned to fix the error, I’m sure you were able to get rid of the error, however if not, then let me know in the comments below what other methods you used to fix the error.