Sometimes when Windows 10 users are trying to update their Windows software, they encounter and error known as ‘autorun.dll.’ Here are some solutions to that error that you might want to try that are easy and quick!
How to fix the autorun.dll error in Windows 10?
Run a system restore:
If you’re continually getting the error, then you could solve this problem by running a system restore. For that, follow the steps:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore
- The select create a system restore point
- Now click on the system restore button.
- The system restore window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed.
- Further, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Run Scan for SFC and DSIM:
Sometimes the Windows files become damaged or corrupted, which results in an error; to solve it, you’ve to run a system file scan and DISM.
Follow the below mention steps to do that:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Let the scan proceed.
- After the scan is finished, restart your computer and see if the error is still there or not.
Repair Autorun.dll registry entries:
The AutoRun files may get corrupted sometimes because the location may have been changed. So you can fix this through the registry repair tool.
If you know more solutions regarding this error, then mention them in the comments below!