The Dell PC error code 0146 can show up for various reasons such as malware, corrupted registry, system crash issues, etc. Here are some ways that could help you fix this issue on your PCs.
Performing a full system malware scan:
Sometimes your system is infected with malware that tends to cause malfunctions in your system and errors as well, so a full system scan is essential for removing the malware threats from your computer. Follow the steps below to run a full system scan
- Go to the start menu and search defender
- Now double click and open the tool
- Then choose the shield icon
- Now click on the Advanced Scan option
- Check the full system scan box
- Let the scan run, and if you find any malware remove it
Run an SFC scan :
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Then restart your computer.
Run a disk cleanup in safe mode:
- Get into the Safe Mode
- Delete Temporary Files
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type cleanmgr and press ok
- Let the process to finish
- Select temporary files, and then choose delete. Do not select the ones you want to keep
- And restart your PC after the process is completed.
If the article was helpful to you, then please leave your feedback in the comment section