Event Service Control Manager ID 7000 Error Stopping Software Services Starting from the beginning. They can become Windows and third-party software services.
Check the event viewer log.
First, you must ensure what services have not started. You can find further details by opening the event viewer. It is how you can open ID 7000 logs in the show viewer.
- Press the Cortana button on the Windows 10 taskbar, and enter the keyword ‘event viewer’ in the search box.
- Select the show viewer to open the window below.
- Click Windows Log to expand the list of log categories.
- Select the System Log to open the log list.
- Click the Event ID Column Header to set events numerically.
- Then click one of the events ID 7000 errors to open further details for it as in the snapshot directly below.
Event ID 7000 Logs may state, “Name service failed to start due to the following errors: the service did not start due to entry failure.”
However, the correct log details can be varied. However, they will notify you that certain services do not begin. So pay attention to the specified Service.
Perhaps the application service does not work. Thus, the Service is turned off. You can restart the Service as follows.
- Enter ‘ Service Service in the Cortana search box.
- Select to open the service window displayed directly below.
- Scroll to services that don’t start. Just right-click the software service and select Properties from the context menu to open the window below.
- First, click the Startup drop-down menu and select Automatic from there if the current Service is disabled.
- Press start button to restart the Service.
- Press Apply and OK button.
Adjust the service login settings
- You may need to configure the service login so that it matches your user account. You can do this by opening the service window again.
- Right-click the Service included in the 7000 log event log.
- Select the property to open service properties window.
- Next, select Log On tab in the shot directly below.
- Select the Radio button option for this account.
- Enter your user account name in first blank text box.
- Enter user account password in other text box.
- Press the Apply button> OK.
- Now restart your desktop or laptop.
- If the Service has been configured with this account setting selected, select the Log On tab’s local system account option. Then click OK, right-click Service, and select Restart.